Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

How to move the domains across the machines in WebLogic

I have a domain with the name test_domain on my Windows machine , here I have one managed server with some applications deployed.

I would like to move this domain from this machine to the other machine.

On Windows machine use the command pack.cmd to create the domain template

pack.cmd -domain=E:\bea\user_projects\domains\test_domain  -template=C:\bea\user_templates\test_domain.jar -template_name="My WebLogic Test Domain"

Now move the test_domain.jar  to the linux machine.

On the linux machine run the unpack.sh command to create the domain

unpack.sh -template=/home/ias/test_domain.jar -domain=/home/ias/bea/user_projects/domains/test_domain

After this go to the directory and run the command ,
cd /home/ias/bea/user_projects/domains/test_domain/bin
startWebLogic.sh
startManagedWebLogic.sh test  http://localhost:7001

No comments: