Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Vncviewer clipboard operations like copy/cut+paste suddenly stops on linux

Many times you must have observed that clipboard operations like copy/cut and paste suddenly stops workings with the vncviewer. The main reason for this there is a program called as vncconfig responsible for these clipboard transfers. Some times the program may get closed because of some bug in vnc or some other reasons like you closed that window.

To get those clipboard operations back you need to run the program "vncconfig &".

After this your clipboard actions should work fine with out any problems.

16 comments:

Aldo said...

Hey, thanks! I wondered why that was happening.

pavan said...

thanks man !!!

suvrat said...

Thanks.. !! it worked

touch-me-not said...

Thanks. Your suggestion just solved my problem !

Itsho said...

doesnt work for me (RealVNC 5.0.1):
"vncconfig is not intended to be run by end-users. The server starts it
as needed."

Navis Michael Bearly said...

Awesome! I can copy paste now

vicky said...

Great !!!!

amol kolte said...

Thanks man!!! You saved my day....

Deepu said...

Awesome.. thanks its very inmportant for me to make it work at this point of time...

Renadeen said...

-bash: vncconfig: command not found
there is no vncconfig package. where should I get vncconfig?

Saumya said...

it says
vncconfig : unable to open display ""

Mohan Ranga Yama said...

It's working for me, but who to make it work with startup
this line is already exist in xstartup

imsaurabh said...

Thanks It helped

asgs said...

Thanks SIr! It definitely helps

ksulli10 said...

THANKS SO MUCH

vncuser said...

Thanks! Very helpful!